The biggest annual book fair in the Philippines is back. This time over a hundred of publisher and exhibitor joined the said event. For a minimal fee (P20.00 regular ticket; discounted price of P15.00 for students, teachers and senior citizens, must have a valid ID) you can get your favorite books at affordable price. They have all varieties of printed materials that you can imagine, from textbooks, series/trilogy, comics, inspirational/religous, magazines, pocketbooks and even a section for arts and crafts materials. You may also get the chance to catch your favorite authors/writers and have your book signed. Just follow the MIBF Schedule of events.
I decided to be there on its opening day September 16, 2015 to avoid the big crowd during weekend. We arrived past 10 am, early worm catches more books right? We thought we’re too early but upon seeing the entrance to the fair there were already group of students from different schools waiting for their turn to enter.
Any book lover will go crazy! I can’t stop myself from touching and reading every book that I see. They will be open until September 20, 2015 at SMX Convention Center, SM Mal of Asia, Pasay City. You still have enough time to visit them.?
Let me share my 5 thoughts that I realized after the book fair!?
- Instead of buying your tickets, you can check the website or facebook page of some exhibitors they are giving out free tickets which you only need to print!?National Bookstore, Fully Booked and Powerbook also gave out limited free tickets. Your savings on entrance fee can already buy you a book!
- Come to the event with a full stomach!?You may not notice the time unless your too dizzy or hungry because you’re such a busy bee scouting for more books. Some exhibitors are giving out free candies take them you will really need them. They have food booth which are over crowded and a little bit pricey!
- If you are not lazy, some exhibitors have games that you can join or by simply liking their FB page can give you freebies! Well I got a notepad and pencil!?
- Be friendly! The book fair alone is not yours. (Trust me!You can’t buy all the books!?) Wait for your turn patiently.? Take this chance to meet your fellow book lovers!
- Bring your trusted ecobag, you might not know how many heavy books you need to carry. Aside from being an eco warrior, you can’t rely on plastics!right?!? And ofcourse don’t forget to control yourself in splurging on books or you will sacrifice your allowance for the next months!?
Books that I got for cheap prices!?Now, do the math!
1001 Cupcakes, Cookies and other tempting Desserts-hardbound (P140.00), Family Favorite Chocolate Recipes (P25.00), Wok & Stir Fry (P15.00), The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader’s Day by John Maxwell (P100.00), Happy Wife, Happy Life by Chinkee Tan (P100.00)
Nothing really beats the joy of flipping each page of a real book!?
If you want to share your own experiences during the book fair please feel free to comment below!?